Sunday, June 27, 2010

in the nick of time

It is currently pouring outside. Like full-on storming. Sheets of rain, thunder, lightning. Good thing I only had a 2 miler today to do, because it all started as I was on the last block of the run.

Yesterday, I was supposed to run. But my legs still hurt from Thursday (I pitched in my baseball game after the morning 2.5 miles) and then I ended up walking 7.5 miles getting to, marching in, and then getting back from the G20 protests yesterday. So, I took yesterday off of running.

And that was a good thing, I think. Because today's "EZ" (easy, but they spell it EZ on my training program) run of 2.5 miles was easy on the lungs (check out the pace below) but not on those tired legs. I guess that's why it's an EZ run . . .

Tomorrow is a day off, but if it doesn't rain, I have a baseball game. However, I won't pitch, so it won't be too hard on my legs.

Mile 1: 12:40 min mile 129bpm.
Mile 2: 13:01 min mile 140bpm.

Tuesday will be 2 miles again, but not EZ this time. I like having a training program to guide me now, rather than just making up what I think I ought to do!

1 comment:

  1. It is much easier to stay motivated when you have a program to follow - I hear ya on that one!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete