Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lots of Updates

Ok, so it has been almost a month since I blogged about running. I can't believe it's been that long actually.

Here are a few updates from the meantime:
1) I ran 8 miles a few weeks ago!

2) I played 15 baseball games in three weeks (no kidding) and couldn't run a lot of that time because of soreness, exhaustion, etc.

3) I moved into an apartment of my own and that took time away from my running.

4) I have to change my half-marathon. I'm now doing the Hamilton, ON Half-Marathon called the Road2Hope on November 7. (Yes, I once did a five week cross-country speaking tour called the Road to Hope Tour . . . no relation).
d
5) The reasons I have to change my half-marathon is because I'm going to be traveling on Oct 17 (and a week before that as well as several days after) to Kenora, Winnipeg, Portage La Prairie, Brandon, and Regina with the AfriGrand Caravan being organized by the SLF (http://www.stephenlewisfoundation.org/caravan.htm)

6) I started running again today after way too long off. I should not let myself take time off again. It is not a good idea. I ran a really, really slow 5k today. But at least I did it.

7) Wednesday I'm going to shoot for 4 or 5 miles. This weekend, when I'm in Chicago, I'm going to head out and try to get 8 or more in.

8) I decide this weekend, when hiking in the woods, that I think I want to try trail running. I need to get my running base up, get myself able to do hills better, and strengthen the muscles that stabilize my knees. But THEN, I want to try trail running!

Ok, I'll try to be better about the blogging again!

No comments:

Post a Comment