Sunday, September 26, 2010

Running on the road

So, as you'll see in my last post about the AfriGrand Caravan, I've been on the road a bunch recently. I did my 8 miles in Chicago on Saturday, then flew back to Toronto on Sunday, and took an early morning train to Kingston on Monday.
Now I'm in Montreal.

On Monday, I ran on the treadmill in the fitness center at the hotel that our local hosts had arranged to get for free for us. It was a low ceilinged room and so when I was on the relatively tall treadmill, my head would graze the ceiling if I bounced in the my stride at all. (I was thankful that it was one of those ceilings with the square panels that you can push up, so there was good give any time I grazed it.

Today I'm in Montreal and was going to go for a pre-breakfast run at the fitness center in this hotel, but neither of the treadmills was working. So, I decided I would just run outside but I didn't bring outdoor workout clothes. I ended up in my running shorts, a t-shirt, and the sweater I wore last night since it was way too cold to go out in just a t-shirt, but i didn't have a windbreaker or long sleeved t-shirt with me . . . I also didn't bring my gps watch (I was assuming I'd use the treadmill) and with the failed attempt at the fitness center and having to find outdoors clothes, I was now running short on time to get a run and shower before the free breakfast at the hotel ended. So I just decided I'd got out and run for about 30 minutes and that would be better than nothing--less than three miles but probably at least 2.5 miles. I ended up running for 33 minutes at what I think was a pretty good pace (for me), so I'm guessing I got up close to 3 miles in.

I've gotta find a time to do my long run (9 miles!!) but my first basketball game is Monday night, so I can't do the run on Monday. If I don't kill myself Monday, I'll do my long run on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment