Thursday, October 7, 2010

10 miles! 1 month left! 12 min/mile

This morning I got up at 5am to go for my 10 mile run. The lake was beautiful--first I got to watch the stars and then the sunrise! I'm super tired now, but it was worth it to see the city like that. And to get 10 miles in.

I love this run 10, walk 1 thing. Today I picked up the pace even more than last week. I averaged 12 minutes per mile, which is 3/4 minute per mile faster than last week and over a minute per mile faster than two weeks ago.

I ran 10 miles in just under 2 hours (despite my exhaustion, I picked up the pace for the last 50 meters so that I could just barely make it in under 2 hours).

I ran without my ipod on for the first 8.5 miles. When I started it was way too dark out to listen to the scary suspense novel I've been listening to on my long runs. And then when it got light enough, I was really enjoying the weather, the run, and the surroundings, so I went without it. I put it on for the last 1.5 miles because I was getting really tired and needed the distraction of it.

Tomorrow I'm off to Winnipeg with the AfriGrand Caravan!

No comments:

Post a Comment