Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Side stitch

I went out too fast today on my evening run. It felt good until I was about 1/2 mile in and I got a side stitch that stayed with me for the next 1.5 miles (even as I slowed to what was barely faster than a walk). Luckily either the side stitch eased or I finally got used to it (or probably a little of both). I was able to do that last .4 miles a bit faster and bring my overall average back to a 12 minute mile (I was going really slow in the middle there).

2.4 miles. 29 minutes.

My legs felt pretty lactic acid-y at the end so I did that whole lying on my back on the floor with my legs up against a wall thing we used to do in high school cross country.

Tomorrow is a non-running day. I'll do some core strengthening and stretching stuff. Maybe I'll even do the yoga video that is still in its package . . .

(P.S. while clever, this blog really is a misnomer. I most certainly do not run heels to toes but rather run sort of on the outside balls of my feet. . . . I suppose that's something to work on and to talk to the chiropodist about; I have an appointment for next Weds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment