Friday, April 23, 2010

This running thing is not easy

I think my legs figured out today, at about mile 1.5, what I had in store for them over the next 5.5 months and they decided to protest by pretending that they were too tired to keep going. I made them do it anyway, but I did let them slow down.

2.4 miles (same route as Weds). 28.5 minutes (however, I didn't have to stop at a light and jog in place today, so it may not actually have been any faster than Weds).

Yesterday I did some stretching and a pilates video. I suppose I should come up with a structured cross-training plan, but until then at least I'm doing something.

Tomorrow I'm walking with a couple of people from work in a 5k walk for which Stephen Lewis Foundation is one of the beneficiaries. I think I'll do a two mile jog (and see if I can pick up the pace at all) either before or after that. (And by 'I think I'll do' I mean that I will do it. I can't give myself that way out or I won't do it!)

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great, Heals. I'm proud of you for putting yourself out there! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete