Monday, April 26, 2010

working out the kinks

This morning's jog actually felt pretty good. It still takes me the first half of the run to really loosen up, but once I did loosen today, it felt good.

I took it slow and steady and so there were no side stitches and my legs didn't feel like they were going to burn up or quit in protest. By the end, with the sweat starting to drip down my neck and my windbreaker tied around my waist, I almost felt like a runner!

I did 2.4 miles again today. Again in about 29 minutes (I need a digital watch. I could be off my about a minute in either direction, since I don't pay enough attention to the second hand placement on my watch.)

I think I can go farther. The hardest part of my run is the first 1-1.5miles. Now, I'm sure when I do go farther, it will be the last bit that's the hardest, but I might as well make that happen.

Tomorrow: 2.9 miles. (That way I add .5 which is a nice even amount to add and then my next increment can be 3.1 miles, which is a 5k.)

No comments:

Post a Comment