Sunday, May 23, 2010

11 minute mile!

Today I ran 4 miles in 44 minutes (I pushed through at the very end, even though I was exhausted, to finish in 44 min, so I could be at an 11 min mile).

I did my 3.2 miles (where I pass my house) in 35 minutes, which is down 1 minutes from last week's 36 min.

Did I mention I ran 4 miles? :)

And it felt good. It didn't really feel like I could go much/any faster and I'm not sure how much farther I could have gone, but I enjoyed it. It was a gorgeous day (a bit warm when running in the sun) and lots of people were out on their porches. I waved and said hi to them all (if they were looking in my direction). People don't do that much in Toronto, at least not younger people and I think I probably surprised most of the people I said hi to. But if made the run more enjoyable--you know, a frolic through the neighborhood.

This week I have a baseball game on Wednesday and I leave early Friday morning to drive to Baltimore for a baseball tournament, so I'm not going to run Friday-Monday. Maybe I'll do something short on Tuesday and something a bit longer on Thursday, although I don't think I'm going to go for anything longer than 4 this week, since I'm going to have so much baseball over the weekend. I'm thinking more like 2 on Tuesday and 3 on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment