Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Have you missed me?

It seems like so long since I last blogged. I'm sure that there are thousands of readers who have been anxiously sitting on the edges of their seats, hardly able to sleep lest they miss a middle of the night post from me. Well, my apologies.

Monday night was baseball practice. I pitched a lot, sprinted some, and squatted to play catcher for someone else and now I'm sore in all new places. Yesterday I did twenty minutes on the elliptical that I have in my room that's a piece of crap, but I thought I could at least do something to get blood flowing and what not since I'm trying to give myself more days in between running.

This evening I went out for a light jog. I could definitely feel the baseball soreness and some leg fatigue. I did about 20 minutes jogging and then 20 minutes walking. I just have to remind myself that taking it easy now will pay off in the next couple of months as my body gets used to being a runner.

Our first baseball game is Monday night. Now that I have baseball games starting up, I have to figure out how to work my running days around my baseball schedule so I'm not wearing myself out for baseball games. It'll probably be a week-by-week thing because our away game nights change each week.

My plan now is to do a long run (as in something over the 3.1 I've done so far--maybe 3.5?) on Saturday and then not run Sunday (we'll have baseball practice, so that'll be something). I guess I'll do a short, easy run on Friday (maybe 2 miles).

No comments:

Post a Comment