Wednesday, May 19, 2010

PPM

When I was on the cross-country team in high school (they let anyone join; you didn't have to be good), we would sometimes do workouts called Pace Per Mile (or PPM). Our coach would give us a particular pace to hit for a mile, then we'd get some break, and then we'd do another one at that same pace, and so on. It was a way to get our body used to running faster than we could run for an entire 3 or 5 miles.

Tonight I went to the gym with Sarah and did my own PPM on the treadmill (although since I have a baseball game tomorrow night, I didn't want to over do it, so I only did 2 miles). The first mile I did at 6 mph (10 min mile). Then I walked for 5 min. Then I did my second mile. I started at 6mph but couldn't keep it up for more than a few min, so I did a few min at 5.5mph (11 min mile) and then finished it off with last few at 5.7mph.

Tomorrow night's baseball! We won Monday's game and I was 3 for 3 (a double and two singles) with 4 RBI. :)

1 comment:

  1. You're a baseball and a half-marathon training rockstar, Heals!

    ReplyDelete