Sunday, July 25, 2010

12 weeks til the half-marathon!

I ran today! 5k (3.1 miles).

I wanted to get back into things with a decent distance but I didn't want to push myself too much on the first day back to running.

I took it really slow for the first mile, then ran up hill for part of the second mile (slowing me down even more!) and then picked up the pace on the third mile. It felt good to get my heart rate up.
Mile 1: 13:12 143bpm
Mile 2: 14:16 153bpm
Mile 3: 11:30 168bpm
Final 10th of a mile: 1:06 (10:48 pace) 173bpm

Average: 12:55/mile and 154 bpm.

I realized after I'd run that today is 12 weeks exactly until my half-marathon. My friend Viv dropped off a copy of a training program that she swears by for the half marathon. It's 16 weeks long, so I'm going to have to cut a few weeks out of it along the way.

Saturday is supposed to be the long run day on this sched and sunday is supposed to be a rest day and monday an interval or pace day. Since I'm trying to take it easy as I get back into things and ran today instead of Sat, I think I will skip tomorrow's interval/pace workout and then get on the schedule on Tuesday.
The schedule looks like this: Monday pace/interval, Tues 5km (3.1 miles), Weds rest, Thurs 5k or 8k (5miles), Friday rest, Saturday long run, Sunday rest. (There are specific pace or interval workouts for each Monday and specific distances for Saturday's long run.)

No comments:

Post a Comment