Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Point taken, July.

I know that when we're learning the seasons in the Northern Hemisphere, we learn that July is one of the months of summer. But I think July has decided it isn't convinced we actually would believe it was summer otherwise, so it has delivered a whammy of a heatwave just to prove a point.

Point taken, July. Point taken.

Today it is supposed to be 93 with a heat index of 110. Yesterday it was a couple degrees less than that, but still more than warm enough.

Clearly, it is not wise to run in the heat. That being said, I do not think my half-marathon training would go particularly smoothly if I were to take July and August off. So, it looks like I'm gonna be a morning runner. This morning I went out at 8:15 for my 2.5 miler. It was "only" 76 with a heat index of about 85. Practically refreshing! (The original plan was to get up for 7am, but I had a baseball game last night--that was a sweaty one!--and didn't get home until late and didn't go to sleep until late. Excuses, excuses. Speaking of baseball, I hit a homerun last night!)

Mile 1: 11:38 139 bpm
Mile 2: 12:06 150 bpm
Half mile: 5:20 (10:40 pace per mile) 158 bpm

Tomorrow is a day off. We'll actually it's a cross-training day. But since I have baseball tomorrow night, I think I'll count that as my cross-training.

Thursday is 3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment