Sunday, July 4, 2010

Toasty

It is a warm one out there. Lots of sun and heat in town for Toronto's Queer Pride this weekend.

Yesterday, I took the day off from running (as I decided on Thursday that my legs needed) and moved the 4 mile run scheduled for that day to this morning.

I did a bit of de facto cross training the last two days, riding my bike to and from the trans march on friday and then Take Back the Dyke on Saturday (plus the marching in both). I think that biking will be a good cross training thing for me to try to build in more regularly to my workout routine. Good quad workout!

Today's four mile run was toasty! Even though I went out before noon, it was already quite warm and very sunny. I survived it, though. My pace was practically a crawl from mile 2.5 to 3.5. With about half a mile left, I told myself that the faster I ran the sooner I'd finish and picked up the pace some. Picking up the pace for that last half mile also got my heart rate up into the 160s for the first time in the run.

Pace/BPM
1. 12:01, 136
2. 13:10, 143
3. 13:52, 146
4. 13:18, 149

I have baseball practice this afternoon, a baseball game tomorrow evening, and then 2.5 miles on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment