Thursday, July 8, 2010

Return to the treadmill

My roommate Sarah's suggestion that we go to the gym this morning was a flash of genius! What better way to deal with the biggest heat wave that has hit Toronto since I've lived here than run indoors in an air conditioned gym?

Double luxury--treadmill keeps the pace for you and air conditioning keeps you from passing out at that pace!

Today was a 3 mile day. One of those Tuesday/Thursday runs where I'm supposed to go a bit faster than my long distance pace.

I started out at 5.5 miles per hour (10:54 mile) and did one mile at that. Then I moved to 5.3 (11:20 mile), then to 5.2 (11:31), and then picked up the pace for the last 1/3 mile or so. I did 3 miles in 33:30, which is an average mph of 11:10. Not too shabby.

(By the way, I no longer believe that I was running 11 minutes miles before I had my gps watch. Maybe I was and I've just got a mental block now; it's possible. But I think that i just under calculated the distance just enough to make what was probably really 11:30 or 11:20 miles seem like 11:00 miles).

Tomorrow is a day off and Saturday is 5 miles! It's supposed to be a bit cooler, but still pretty warm, so I'll probably need to get up early to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment